Hello hello, It's been a minute (or 350,400 but who's counting). What a crazy year, crazy good, but crazy nonetheless. But who doesn't like a little crazy...hehe. Wanted to drop in before the year was over to say I LOVE YOU (if no one has told you that today or this year) and share 16 sweet moments from this past year.
Happy New Years lovelies...Roc Queen xo
- My very 1st mission trip in Oakland.CA with Points of Light Youth Ministry. The real reason I love the Bay so much is because the city is only a reflection of the people, hecca beautiful and hecca resilient.. 2017 finna be litty💡.
- MySpace, yep I reopened my account .. JK .. last year around this time I was looking to buy a house. Well, I wasn't able to all good.. all God, but I absolutely love my little studio apartment right here in the LA 🏡.
- Unashamed Book Tour... Felt like a low-profile rockstar living on a tour bus and hopping on and off planes for 3+ weeks. Stops included: D.C., VA, TN, OK, TX (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Amarillo), GA, LA, KY, CO, CA (SoCal & NorCal) 🤘🏾.
- Started my blog/website... I've always enjoyed writing so now that I have more time on my hands you'll be hearing from me more often ✍🏾.
- Launched a small business. #30under30 www.rocqueen.com/shopRQ 👑 .
- Sat court-side at the Lakers vs Warriors game ...AND I had a staring contest with Kevin Durant, what can I say the GOOD LIFE 👀.
- Serious hang-time with my best friends.. Ari and Daniela ... and D's wedding aggghhhh, she was so beautiful. STUNNING 👰🏻.
- Propel Women 2016 fall season: OH, MS, TX, & FL. All around good times 🚁.
- Family time: Smith Family Reunion 2016, Rachel's 25th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Karaoke. I feel like I have the best family 👪👨👩👧👨👩👧👦👨👩👧👧.
- Watched my grandparents re-marry ( 3xs a charm)... it was really special, goes to show the power of forgiveness 👵🏽💞👴🏾.
- Despite the turbalence we witnessed a lot of history this year. OKC blew a 3-1 lead, then the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead, KD left OKC for the team that didn't learn from his mistakes, & Westbrook was petty about it. Ooo yeah and Trump was elected President #ballislife 🏀.
- Read some really good books: swank life 101, play with fire, living civil, power of broke, girl code, sun stand still, unashamed, how to win in business, how's your soul, just mercy, extreme ownership, the leadership challenge 📚.
- My cousin/brother Brody Brown put out a great album and I was proud ...like really proud, you may have heard it 24K Magic - Bruno Mars ANDDDD Adele sung a song he pinned at the Grammys 💽.
- Said a GOODbye to a wonderful 5 years with Chris Caine Ministires & A21, seriously some of the best years of my life... I am better because of that place... mamba out, Obama out, Roc out ... drops mic 🎤 .
- Lessons Learned: 1. Being comfortable with being uncomfortable 2. Happiness is relative, never chase it, let it chase you 3. Being "all in" doesn't mean it's "all on you" 4. You have your whole life to figure out your life 5. Baby, you're a Queen 🤔.
- GOD KEEPING ME. Yoooooo, He kept my mind when I wanted to go crazy. He kept my heart still when I wanted to run away. He kept my soul from growing bitter. He kept my body from physical harm and danger. He kept my eyes from wondering. He kept my feet on the right path when I wanted to go astray. He kept me smiling when I wanted to cry. So, I'm most thankful for his KEEPING POWER! Never let go God, keep on keeping me 😇.
All that to say, 2017 will be ... 😊.
BONUS to start 2017 off right:
- Co-leading youth at church with this Beauty .. yal she's nothing but pure gold and black girl magic. God's got great things for you Vonna stay the course!